Zipcode Validator plugin helps a vendor to show a product is available or not for customer’s shipping postal code from product description page itself. The plugin helps vendor to give more information about the product without making the customers to go to the checkout process.
The vendor can upload the zip code and its delivery message in a CSV from admin section and status will be shown in product page when a customer enters a delivery zip code.
There is an input box in product page from where the customer can enter his shipping address zip code to check the delivery status of that particular product.
Zipcode Validator in Configuration
A new admin section is created in Store Configuration.Under the option, the admin has the ability to enable/disable the plugin and import/export CSV file which contain zipcodes and its delivery status.
The extension primely focuses on helping customer to get more information about a product shipping from product page itself. With zipcode validator customer does not need to go to checkout process to see the availability of product.The extension is multi website configurable. Admin has the ability to add zipcode based on website scope that is selected in admin dashboard.
How To Install
How to Install?
- Unzip the package
- Copy the package to app/code/Terrificminds folder in your magento2 root directory
- Run the setup upgrade command
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Run the di compile command
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
- Run the static content deploy command
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
How to Configure?
- Login to Admin Dashboard
- Navigate to Stores> Configuration > Terrific Minds > Zipcode Validator
- Configure the plugin
- Enable plugin from Default Configuration.
- Upload CSV with zip codes and its status on each websites
Upload CSV in each website. If the store has only one website configured, from the drop down select Main Website
- Enable: Enable or disable the plugin.
- Error Message: The message entered here will be shown for those zip codes which are not in CSV.
- Upload Zip code CSV file: Choose a CSV file with the correct format to upload. The format can be easily understood by Exporting CSV first.
- Always export CSV before importing to database. Not only it will allow admin to get the correct CSV format, doing this will give admin an opportunity to cross check existing values imported in database in order to prevent duplicate entries.
- The plugin works website specific. If the admin desire to upload zip codes and its delivery status for each website, it can be done by uploading CSV by changing the website from the top left dropdown in admin section.
- Export CSV : Exports zipcode values and its status from database that is saved for the website scope
- Click on the Save Config button.